Goal Setting for a New Year
In this week’s episode — before I take two weeks off for the holidays — let’s talk about setting goals for next year that help you succeed. We’ve talked about goals in the past, but this conversation is about how you approach your goals so you have a better chance of achieving them.
- This week’s episode is brought to you by Blubrry, a podcasting hosting solution.
- I was sick last week so no episode and on vacation for the next two weeks so no episodes. I will return on January 9, 2019.
- The end of year is a time to set goals for the next year.
- It’s easy to get carried away — ask me how I know
- Different levels of goals
- Big hairy goals — long term goals that will take a long time to achieve
- Mid-level goals — take some time, but can usually estimate how long
- Short-term goals — can be used as part of your strategy and tactics to achieve bigger goals
- Goals aren’t permanent and they can and should change over time
- You learn new things
- You discover what works for you and what doesn’t
- Think about the difference between giving up on what doesn’t work for you and what you’re simply being impatient about
- Dream big and think practical at the same time
Links from the show:
Blubrry — Use code KaylaLords for one month free
How to Take Small Steps to Achieve Your Goals (episode 22)
Creating a Path to Reach Your Smutlancing Goals (episode 31)
Knowing When to Quit (episode 25)
When You Feel Like Quitting (episode 38)