When You Feel Like Quitting
In episode 38, I discuss that moment when you’re so overwhelmed that you feel like quitting on all your smutlancing goals. It happened to me quite recently, and I think I figured out a good process to use to deal with it. If you’ve felt that way, you’re not alone, and I don’t think we have to be stuck in that feeling either.
In this episode:
- This week’s episode is brought to you by QuickBooks Self Employed
- We’ve talked about quitting in the past and sometimes quitting is a really good option.
- Not all feelings of wanting to quit are the same.
- Imposter syndrome
- Like you’re not getting to your goal fast enough — hint: it’s a slow process
- You don’t enjoy it anymore.
- My reason for feeling like quitting: feeling overwhelmed — like you can’t keep up, like you’ll never get to the place you’re trying to go.
- What to do:
- Get out of your head. Talk to a friend, write in a journal, blog about it — but the longer you stay in your head, the worse it can get.
- Think about what you really want — and not so much about what you’re afraid of.
- Consider what you’re willing to do — and what you need to do that you might not WANT to do.
Links from the show:
What is Imposter Syndrome? (blog post)
Knowing When to Quit (podcast episode)
I Thought About Quitting (blog post)
QuickBooks Self Employed (affiliate link — get 50 percent off the price for a year)
Subscribe to the show:
Have you learned something new, been inspired, or moved forward with your goals after visiting The Smutlancer?