Everything is a Process
In my continuing effort to share my thoughts specific to what I’m working on as a smutlancer at any given moment, I’m sharing my (slightly or overly, you decide) jumbled thoughts on that reality that everything is a process. We almost never have an idea on Monday and reveal a fully fleshed out reality by Friday. It takes time and patience. Along the way, we need to recognize progress and successes as they occur, even if they don’t match the finished picture we have in our heads.
In this episode:
- Everything we do is a process.
- The process we follow allows for progress.
- Progress allows us to measure success in whatever way we like.
- We’ve said before, your vision isn’t a plan, though. It’s just that — a vision.
- The vision I had for TheSmutlancer.com site in 2017 was idealistic, fully formed (in my head), and unachievable at the time I imagined it. I needed resources, an audience, and collaborators to make it work.
- The problem was that I confused my vision as something “easily achievable” and when it wasn’t, I was frustrated.
Links from the episode:
My Word for 2020 is Progress (blog post)
Slow Progress Isn’t a Sign of Failure (podcast)