Thinking About Self-Promotion More Strategically SL033
This week, I’m talking about different ways sex bloggers can get in front of new audiences (that they don’t always take) and ways to think of self-promotion in a more strategic way. And why that’s a good thing for your sex blog and your smutlancing goals.
In this episode:
- This week’s episode is brought to you by QuickBooks Self Employed
- We’re creative, and many of us are driven by inspiration and how we feel about our work. That’s what helps us create.
- But we also worry that we’re not good enough which can make us shy away from promotional opportunities.
- Submitting posts to other websites and memes
- Agreeing to interviews
- Participating in other website events
- Promoting ourselves for sex blogger lists
- Instead, look at it as different strategies to further your goals — growing your blog and audience.
- Get a link on another website — Google link juice
- Get your name in front of a new-to-you audience
- Add to your “portfolio” to show brands that others like you and where you’ve been in the past.
- I’m not advocating for the gross kind of self-promotion that borders on spam. Or throwing your links all over the place, even when it’s not appropriate.
- But I want to encourage you to take advantage of all the ways you can join in — and stop telling yourself you shouldn’t.
Links from the show:
QuickBooks Self Employed (affiliate link — get 50 percent off the price for a year)
Subscribe to the show:
Have you learned something new, been inspired, or moved forward with your goals after visiting The Smutlancer?