Thinking About Self-Promotion More Strategically SL033
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 31:57 — 22.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
This week, I’m talking about different ways sex bloggers can get in front of new audiences (that they don’t always take) and ways to think of self-promotion in a more strategic way. And why that’s a good thing for your sex blog and your smutlancing goals.
In this episode:
- This week’s episode is brought to you by QuickBooks Self Employed
- We’re creative, and many of us are driven by inspiration and how we feel about our work. That’s what helps us create.
- But we also worry that we’re not good enough which can make us shy away from promotional opportunities.
- Submitting posts to other websites and memes
- Agreeing to interviews
- Participating in other website events
- Promoting ourselves for sex blogger lists
- Instead, look at it as different strategies to further your goals — growing your blog and audience.
- Get a link on another website — Google link juice
- Get your name in front of a new-to-you audience
- Add to your “portfolio” to show brands that others like you and where you’ve been in the past.
- I’m not advocating for the gross kind of self-promotion that borders on spam. Or throwing your links all over the place, even when it’s not appropriate.
- But I want to encourage you to take advantage of all the ways you can join in — and stop telling yourself you shouldn’t.
Links from the show:
QuickBooks Self Employed (affiliate link — get 50 percent off the price for a year)
2018 Top Sex Blogger List Nominations
2018 Kinkly Sex Blogging Superheroes Nominations
Do Sex Blogger Lists Really Matter?
Develop a Writing Habit and Audience with Sex Blog Memes
Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Subscribe to the show:
Have you learned something new, been inspired, or moved forward with your goals after visiting The Smutlancer?