Dealing with Shitty Comments
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:03:41 — 45.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
When you put yourself out into the online world, shitty comments (sadly) will happen. Should they? Of course not. But will they? Eventually. So how do you deal with it? What do you do? Molly and I share our thoughts in this week’s episode.
In this episode:
- This topic comes from a suggestion from someone in our Smutlancers Community.
- Not all comments are the same.
- Shitty comments are different from feedback and constructive criticism. Yes, sometimes criticism makes you feel bad but that doesn’t automatically make it a shitty one.
- You get to determine how you handle comments on your own website/platform.
- Take care of yourself first.
- Engage in the comment if that feels right to you. But don’t be afraid to block, ignore, and/or delete comments, too.
Links from the episode:
My Comment Policy: I’m a Dictator (post by Girl on the Net)
Handling Criticism from Your Audience (blog post)
How to Handle the Mistakes You WILL Make as a Smutlancer (blog post)
The Smutlancers Community on Patreon
Follow The Smutlancer on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Follow Eroticon on Twitter and Instagram