Why Both Patience and the Hustle and Grind are Important
Some people will tell you to be patient as you work towards your smutlancing goals. Others will say you need to hustle and grind. After much listening, learning, and thinking, I believe you need both. Let’s talk about it.
In this episode:
- This week’s episode is brought to you by QuickBooks Self Employed
- Hustle and grind has a bad reputation, but to me it’s what we do each and every day to further our goals. It doesn’t mean we’re on 100 percent of the time — but that we’ve made a plan and we’re committed to it.
- Patience is knowing that your goals will take time and also understanding that your pace and journey will be different from other people.
- Patience is committing to long-term goals instead of just short-term gratification.
- Tips to make both work for you:
- Make a plan and set goals. Include both long-term and short-term goals. Give yourself something to strive for.
- Do what feels right to you, not necessarily what everyone else is going. Beware “shiny object syndrome.”
- Get really good at what you do. This takes time, effort, and patience.
- Be honest with yourself about what you can do and your personal bandwidth for new things.
- Be consistent but be kind to yourself.
- Get out of the weeds and minutia. Focus less on what one single piece of content does and look at what is happening over time.
Links from the show:
QuickBooks Self Employed (affiliate link — get 50 percent off the price for a year)
Subscribe to the show:
Have you learned something new, been inspired, or moved forward with your goals after visiting The Smutlancer?