Getting Comfortable with Self-Promotion SL028
This week, I’m going with a theme — self-promotion. On Monday we talked about what’s not working, and on Friday, we talked about what good self-promotion looks like (links below). Today, though, let’s focus on getting comfortable with it. If promoting yourself makes you slightly uncomfortable, you’re not alone.
In this episode:
- This week’s episode is brought to you by QuickBooks Self Employed.
- Even after all this time, self-promotion still makes me nervous. I blame imposter syndrome and the fear of spamming people.
- Start small.
- Schedule it — it gives you the feeling of being slightly removed from it all.
- Only push stuff you believe in and will defend.
- Talk about it as part of your life. If it feels like “bragging,” you’re not alone. But it’s not, and your audience gets curious about what you do.
Links from the show:
5 Reasons Your Self-Promotion Isn’t Working (blog post)
How Good Self-Promotion Works (blog post)
QuickBooks Self Employed (affiliate link — get 50 percent off the price for a year)
Subscribe to the show:
Have you learned something new, been inspired, or moved forward with your goals after visiting The Smutlancer?