The Fear of Stopping
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 24:58 — 17.6MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
This week’s episode discusses goal setting from a different angle — the fear we sometimes feel when we decide to stop doing something. Change can be scary, and not just new changes we’ve never done before. Stopping or ending a thing we’ve done for a long time can make us fearful or unsettled, too.
These are my thoughts.
In this episode:
- Part of goal setting needs to be deciding what you won’t do in the future.
- We can have a similar response to stopping as we do to starting — anxiety, worries, fears.
- Very little is permanent, and you can always come back to something again.
- Ask yourself a few questions about the thing you want to stop.
- Some “stops” will be abrupt and immediate, others will be gradual.
- Give yourself time to know if it’s something you should continue — quarterly or semi-annual check-ins work.
Links from the episode:
Setting Goals You Can Achieve (podcast)
The Smutlancers Community on Patreon
Follow The Smutlancer on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Follow Eroticon on Twitter and Instagram
I am so glad I finally listened to this tonight. Very timely for me. Thanks. I need you to be my therapist, Kayla. I feel way calmer and more confident after listening to the podcast! Happy New Year xx
You’re so welcome! Glad it helped!