7 Steps To Have a More Productive Week
It’s episode 69 (cue the giggles!), and I’m doing something slightly out of character — I’m giving you a checklist, a series of things to do to see improvement. Yeah, it’s not my usual style, but I think most of these steps can help you be more productive. And by “productive” I don’t mean hustle-and-grind-it-out. I mean, get the stuff done you want to get done and accomplish the goals you’ve set for yourself.
In this episode:
- Make a list of everything you need to do for the week.
- Split it up by personal, professional, smutlancer
- Make a list of what you need to get done for the day. Do this in the morning before you start, in the evening before the next day. Whatever works.
- Figure out the best way to start — things that are easily done for a sense of accomplishment, items on deadline, or figure out your energy levels and match your tasks to that
- Pick a way to focus — turn off all distractions and bribe yourself, the pomodoro method (25 minutes with a 5 minute break), break up your day
- Be realistic about how much time you really need to get things done
- Set a stopping point for your day
- Be kind to yourself and learn from the reality about how much you actually did versus how much you thought you could get done.
Links from the episode:
Hacking My To-Do List to Get More Done (blog post)