3 Things You Need for Your Website SL009
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 22:05 — 14.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
As someone trying to earn money and build a career off of the sexy, smutty stuff you make, your website must work. While you can’t prevent crashes (or most of them), there are things and people you can have to help you survive them. When my own website crashed this week, I was reminded of this in a big way.
In this episode:
- All my websites went down this week. After the first fix, KaylaLords.com was still down.
- I hadn’t run a back-up recently, even though I knew they were important.
- Thankfully I had help because I don’t really know how to how get into the guts of my website.
- Here are a few things you need:
- A back-up plugin that automates the process for you. UpdraftPlus was recommended to us by DomSigns.
- A host company with good tech support.
- A good tech person. John Brownstone can do some stuff but for the big problems, we need a professional.
- Massive, huge, major shout-out to DomSigns as he’s the one fixing my website and doing things I never could have done alone. He’s my go-to whenever something big goes wrong, and my number one recommendation.
Links from the show:
Blubrry.com – use code KaylaLords to get one month free! (affiliate offer)
Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
I thank you for suggesting @DomSigns…he’s helping me get started with self-hosting and designing my site right now!
You are SO welcome and yay!!!