A Professional to the End
I have no idea how to explain this week’s podcast. Basically, I became very anxious about telling a client I could no longer work with them, overprepared, lost sleep, and made the “perfect” plan. I forgot that a plan means nothing if the other person reacts differently than you expect them to react. Ultimately, my goal in this situation was to be a professional until the very end.
In this episode:
- Black Lives Matter. Racism and police brutality must come to an end. Links to some resources to learn more below.
- In a couple of episodes, I’ve talked about endings and feeling muddled.
- Recently I took action and ended a working relationship with a client.
- I made a plan and executed it.
- But I didn’t get the outcome I expected.
- Ultimately, behaving like a professional is the best course of action — most of the time.