Advice from an Advice-Giver on Giving Advice
Not everyone who creates content wants to give advice, and frankly not everyone even should. But if you’re interested in offering your perspective on the world in a way that might help others, I have some, well, advice. Ultimately, you have to find what works for you. As someone who used to think there was nothing I could say to help others, I’ve found a way that builds connections and an audience while letting me sleep at night. Take as little or as much as you want from this episode. Ultimately, we all have to find the path that works for us.
In this episode:
- Share your personal perspective – and understand its your perspective
- Research and reach out on what you don’t know, always keep learning
- Admit your way isn’t the only way
- Do a gut check – if confronted about your advice, do you believe in what you’ve said strongly enough to defend it? Can you defend it?
- Be willing to hear other perspectives
- Be willing to change your mind
- Don’t be afraid of the “simple” or “basic” answer – which may be new information to the person you’re talking to.
Links from the show:
Blubrry.com – use code KaylaLords to get one month free! (affiliate offer)