Why Friendship is Important When You’re a Smutlancer SL006
Over the weekend I read a book called A Secret Sisterhood: The Literary Friendships of Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, George Eliot, and Virginia Woolf. While it was a fascinating look at a forgotten or ignored part of literary history, it also got me thinking about how important friendship is to the smutlancing life.
In this episode:
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Blubrry.com.
- We need friends as creative people.
- Friends who are on a similar path and understand what we’re going through.
- Friends to bounce ideas off of or to get a gut check from.
- One or two is enough. It doesn’t have to be everyone.
- Reach out to fellow creatives on social media – Twitter or wherever.
- Not every interaction will turn you into besties but you might be surprised at who you connect with.
- Going to events like Eroticon can help cement those friendships.
- You won’t always agree with your friends, but you should feel free to express yourself.
- Sometimes your friend will give you the courage to do something brave or will encourage you not to do something stupid.
Links from the show:
A Secret Sisterhood by Emily Midorikawa and Emma Claire Sweeney (affiliate link)
Blubrry.com – use code KaylaLords to get one month free! (affiliate offer)