The Importance of Connections and Relationships
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:17 — 23.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
“Networking” is the term we hear most often when it comes to forging professional connections and relationships. That sounds like a ring of Hell to me. But one thing is true — connections and relationships do help us achieve our smutlancing goals, grow our income, and build a career. Today I’m sharing what I’ve learned through connections I’ve built over the years.
In this episode:
- Most of the connections I’ve created with brands and websites started by reaching out first.
- Being competent and meeting deadlines helped build relationships.
- When you want to make connections, do it with your authentic self — not by trying to get the other person or company to do something for you.
- There are no easy rules for building relationships with colleagues and brands or how they’ll benefit you.
- It all requires time, patience, and being true to who you really are.
Links from the episode:
The Smutlancers Community on Patreon
Follow The Smutlancer on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Follow Eroticon on Twitter and Instagram
Thanks, Kayla, for some great insights into building relationships. J. Lynn sent me your way since what you say about authenticity rings to true. Being professional, without turning yourself into someone you’re not, is so important. There are compromises along the way, but they can pay off over time. Thanks for the podcast, even if you had to do it all by yourself…
Glad you’re here, and that you enjoyed the podcast. The best thing I’ve ever done for my peace of mind AND my career is to be who I am instead of who I thought I was supposed to be. I think that’s the key in any business, even if the path is slower. 🙂