The Importance of Connections and Relationships
“Networking” is the term we hear most often when it comes to forging professional connections and relationships. That sounds like a ring of Hell to me. But one thing is true — connections and relationships do help us achieve our smutlancing goals, grow our income, and build a career. Today I’m sharing what I’ve learned through connections I’ve built over the years.
In this episode:
- Most of the connections I’ve created with brands and websites started by reaching out first.
- Being competent and meeting deadlines helped build relationships.
- When you want to make connections, do it with your authentic self — not by trying to get the other person or company to do something for you.
- There are no easy rules for building relationships with colleagues and brands or how they’ll benefit you.
- It all requires time, patience, and being true to who you really are.