When Your Mind Lies to You SL026
In this week’s episode, I talk about imposter syndrome and anxiety and about how our brains can make us believe things that aren’t true for a lot of other reasons. Mental illness is very real. I don’t offer solutions to every situation, only what’s worked for me in the past. Most importantly, I want to remind you and myself that we’re not alone and that others go through the worry, angst, and fear that our minds can put us through.
In this episode:
- This week’s episode is brought to you by QuickBooks Self Employed.
- Imposter syndrome is not the same as anxiety but both impacted me this week
- There is no one single “fix” when your mind tries to convince you of things that aren’t true.
- Listen to your intuition about what you need — a nap, a break, to focus on something else.
- Know that you’re not alone.
- Forgive yourself. You’re not a failure, and you can still produce good things.
Links from the show:
QuickBooks Self Employed (affiliate link — get 50 percent off the price for a year)
Subscribe to the show:
Have you learned something new, been inspired, or moved forward with your goals after visiting The Smutlancer?