Self Hosting for Your Sex Blog or Adult Website
Every chance we get, Molly, Michael, and I plead with sex bloggers and adult content creators to self-host their content. Yes, there’s an expense to it (think of it as an investment) and sometimes you have to wait until you can afford to do it. But it’s the only real way to protect your work and not get (completely) booted off platforms. In this episode of The Smutlancers podcast, Molly and Michael go into greater detail beyond the normal, “Self host as soon as possible!” They give practical advice and tips to help you navigate what can seem like a very confusing process.
In this episode:
- Why you should not be hosting your adult blog/website on free hosting platforms like wordpress.com, WIX, Blogger etc.
- How to find a good host.
- SSL Certificates.
- What content management system to use.
- Paying monthly/yearly etc.
- Where to buy your domain name and what domain name to buy.
- Securing your name on social media.
Links from this episode:
Michael Knight on Patreon (where you can get sex blogger tech help!)
How to Build a Sex Blog That Makes Money (blog/guide)