It’s Okay to Take Breaks
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:36 — 20.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
This is the 50th episode of the podcast! That feels like a huge milestone as well as a time for a small break. And in a completely self-serving way, that’s what we’re talking about this week…taking breaks and a few ideas on how to do it. A big shout-out to Eve E. (@MissEveBlogs) for providing part of the inspiration for this week’s episode.
In this episode:
- This week’s episode is sponsored by QuickBooks Self Employed.
- Announcement: I’m going on a podcast hiatus for a while after this episode — and not just for Eroticon in London, but that’s a good reason, too. And yes, this week’s topic is a bit self-serving as a result.
- I saw a tweet from Miss Eve about being tired and drained by Twitter but not knowing if it’s okay to take a break.
- It’s always okay to take a break. There are different kinds of breaks.
- Days off — I try to take weekends off from social media with very little checking.
- Hiatus — like the podcast. I don’t know how long it will take, maybe only a few weeks.
- Decreasing the level of work you do. I did that with my personal blogging while I was trying to get into a routine for Loving BDSM and the Smutlancer website.
- Working on other projects that benefit you more than the thing you’re taking a break from.
- You may find that you miss it. But you might find that you don’t need it as much as you thought you did.
Links from the show:
QuickBooks Self Employed — save 50% off for a year with my affiliate link
How Millennials Became the Burnout Generation (BuzzFeed News)
Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Subscribe to the show: