Letting Your Imperfections Show
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 36:38 — 25.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
Not every sex blogger, smutlancer, or creative person is a perfectionist (though quite a few of us are). But many (if not most) of us realize very quickly that the image we have in our head of our work is often not the reality. In our mind, our words flow together perfectly, our images are beautiful, and our recordings come across crystal clear.
The reality is so much different. Knowing your work isn’t “perfect” stops many creators from hitting publish. But the truth is that none of us are perfect, and if you want to reach big goals, you’ve got to put your work out into the world anyway. So let’s talk about it
In this episode:
- Publishing content when you know its imperfect
- Dealing with the picture in your head and the reality of your work
- You get better by doing
- Take the time to learn, practice, and try new things
- If you wait until your work is perfect, you’ll never publish
- Your work is nearly always amazing to someone else, and it’s always not as good as someone else’s work
- Keep going.
- Do the best that you can with what you know and the tools you have right now. Improvement comes with time, practice, and access to information and tools.
Links from the episode
The Problem with Perfectionism (blog post)
The Smutlancers Community on Patreon
Follow The Smutlancer on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Follow Eroticon on Twitter and Instagram