Deciding Whether to Hit Publish or Not SL011
Sometimes writing a blog or making a thing is easy. We almost feel a compulsion to do it or we’re “on brand” so of course we’ll put it out there. But what happens when you want to (or do) write or make a thing, but you wonder if you “should” publish it? This week I’m sharing three reasons why you should hit publish most of the time.
In this episode:
- I’m going on a two week hiatus for Eroticon and travel so no new podcast until March 28.
- The next episode should be (barring problems) the recording of the podcast panel discussion from Eroticon.
- Only you can decide if you should or shouldn’t put your thoughts or product out into the world.
- There are so many reasons we don’t publish: fear, worry, we think it isn’t our topic, people don’t want to know what we think, or that it’s already been said
- (Some) Reasons not to publish: could give up anonymity, done in anger without thinking, or doesn’t feel right
- Reasons to publish anyway: creates a connection with your audience, lets you say what you need to say so you don’t feel stifled, and keeps the content flowing
Links from the show:
Blubrry.com – use code KaylaLords to get one month free! (affiliate offer)