Turning Your Fever Dreams Into Something Real
Neither Molly nor myself are immune to big dreams. In fact, we thrive on them. But sometimes those big dreams are more like fever dreams and have no basis in reality. In this week’s episode, we talk about a recent(ish) fever dream from late 2019 that we’re only just now turning into something real. More importantly, we’re sharing lessons we’ve learned and things we’re doing differently.
In this episode:
- We had a mutual big dream with unrealistic expectations.
- And then we both stopped talking about it together.
- When the time was right, we came back to it but in a more realistic way.
- Start with a smaller goal rather than the finished product in mind.
- Understand that these things happen in steps and stages and may take a long time to be fully realized.
- Set deadlines by reverse engineering when we wanted to have a finished product.
- Your vision is not a plan! (So sayeth Molly.)
Links from the episode:
Subscribe to the show: