Deciding If It’s Time to Quit Your Day Job
This week’s topic was inspired by a conversation I recently had with Amy Norton of Coffee and Kink. How do you know when it’s the right time to quit your day job and become a full time smutlancer? I wish there was an easy answer, but life is never that simple. This is a really big conversation, and just the three points I chose to focus on took longer than normal. We’ll definitely come back to this topic, and if you’ve got questions, let me know — it might help me know where to begin when we talk about this again.
In this episode:
- This week’s episode is brought to you by Blubrry, a podcasting hosting solution.
- This topic comes from a conversation I had with Amy Norton of Coffee and Kink.
- There is no single correct path to follow to make this decision. Like everything else, the details matter.
- The idea that you can just leap and you’ll be fine doesn’t work for people with anxiety or those who are risk-averse for any reason — or those with responsibilities and people they take care of.
- Figure out how much money you really need to live.
- Decide what kind of work you’re willing to take.
- Start a side hustle first.
Links from the show:
Blubrry — Use code KaylaLords for one month free
Subscribe to the show:
Have you learned something new, been inspired, or moved forward with your goals after visiting The Smutlancer?