Why Community Matters SL007
After talking about friendships in episode 6, the sex blogging community as a whole is on my mind. Cultivating friendships is important but being a part of the community, even in a small way, matters just as much.
In this episode:
- Communities remind us we’re not completely solitary.
- We might not all be besties but we have a place to share the struggles and good times as a creator.
- Communities are where you learn best practices, problems (like Twitter shadowbans), and what you don’t know that you don’t know.
- Online communities are out there – in every social media platform.
- Blogging memes are great for writers or photographers for opportunities to join the community.
- Conventions and programs like Eroticon are a great way to connect.
Links from the show:
Blubrry.com – use code KaylaLords to get one month free! (affiliate offer)