Why Community Matters SL007
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:33 — 21.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
After talking about friendships in episode 6, the sex blogging community as a whole is on my mind. Cultivating friendships is important but being a part of the community, even in a small way, matters just as much.
In this episode:
- Communities remind us we’re not completely solitary.
- We might not all be besties but we have a place to share the struggles and good times as a creator.
- Communities are where you learn best practices, problems (like Twitter shadowbans), and what you don’t know that you don’t know.
- Online communities are out there – in every social media platform.
- Blogging memes are great for writers or photographers for opportunities to join the community.
- Conventions and programs like Eroticon are a great way to connect.
Links from the show:
8 Things I Learned From My First Sex Writing Conference
10 Things I Took Home from Eroticon
Why the Twitter Shadowban Matters…and Why It Doesn’t
Blubrry.com – use code KaylaLords to get one month free! (affiliate offer)
Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Great to hear your voice Kayla, I’m loving this.
Can’t hear the worker in the background.
I’m also laughing because I suspect you are waving your arms around as you talk – hence the bumped mike!
As I’m listening I’m looking through my reader, and have just discovered exposing40 and I have a love of photographing cemeteries in common.Now that community for you!!!
Yes, I’m a definite hand-waver when I talk, lol. So glad you liked the episode and yay for connection!!!